Pulau Perhentian

Pulau Perhentian

English Tea, Wagashi & Calpis Water - Tokyo - Japan

After six months living in Japan, I’ve finally discovered sweet Wagashi. No, it wasn’t my curiosity for Japanese sweets that lead me to it; it was a tea invitation from my dearest friend Tania.
Wagashi is a traditional Japanese confectionery which is often served with tea. It’s typically made from natural based (mainly plant) ingredients. I have tried white wagashi with a filling of bean paste and pink wagashi with a strawberry filling. The strawberry one is definitely my favorite.
Tania also introduced me to Calpis Water, and this was a great discovery. Calpis is a Japanese un-carbonated soft drink; it has a light somewhat milky, acid flavor similar to yakult. Its ingredients include water, nonfat dry milk, lactic acid and it’s produced by lactic acid fermentation.

Landing Away in Japan


No comments: